Wednesday 30 September 2020

Who Set These Standards For Beauty?

I don't know if it happens anywhere else but in Akure, going to market with your natural hair or without some extensions might mean you'll be nearly harassed by mobile stylists  every corner. You'll hear things like "Aunty you wan do your hair?" "Come make I do your hair, I go do am fine" etc. So, just wearing my hair is not fine? It can be so annoying at times. 


We really need to change the notion that our hair needs to be "fixed" to look beautiful. Our hair is beautiful just the way it is and we(Nigerians and Africans) should learn to embrace it in its entirety.

Let's wear our hair with pride. After all, it's the one we were born with. It's also the one we're returning to God with. I don't believe anyone is going to be fixing any weaves in hell or heaven, depending on where the person ends up. I strongly suggest they make it to heaven by the way😀. The other place is not cool(no pun intended and in all seriousness). How did I get here sef🤦.

Anyways, you guys get the point. Let me come and be going😀.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts