Wednesday 14 September 2016

Relaxer Update

So, in my last post I told you guys about my hair challenges and the temptation to relax my hair. Well, I went relaxer shopping and I relaxed my hair... NOT.

Haha, I really did go relaxer shopping but right there in the midst of it, I changed my mind. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Nope. This was after doing some serious research on texlaxing. My mind was pretty much made up. I was going to texlax my hair. I was really excited about the coming change. Went to the market and I just couldn't bring myself to go through with it. Guess I wasn't ready for the change after all.

I then decided to do what I should have done in the first place ; put my hair away. I got two packs of Naomi boom, amongst other things from the market with which I made crochet braids.

I did about ten corn rows to the back. I joined two in front to make a side part. Sorry, I couldn't take a clear picture of the corn rows. I crocheted the twists using a big bobby pin. It wasn't so easy to pull the twisted hair through the corn rows. They were really big. Or maybe it was because I used a bobby pin. For the life of me I can't figure out how to use a crochet pin. I did get one but had to return it for something else when I couldn't use it. I'll have to give it another try.

Anyways,  when the hair was finished, I did not like it :-(. It was too bulky for my liking. I couldn't sleep comfortably with it. Plus my cornrows were too tight. I only had the hair for a couple of days and I took it out, made the cornrows less tight and crocheted on my pre-braided  hair (details in another post).

That's it for now guys. See you some other time. Enjoy the pictures. Hopefully network or whatever will let me post them :-).


PS : Network only let me post that one picture :-(.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts