Skip to main content

My Failed Attempt at Planting Sweet Potatoes in Bags

Sweet potatoes are a root crop and one of the easiest crops to grow. A few years ago, my family planted it in our backyard with great success. The harvest was massive. When we moved houses, I thought I could replicate the success even though I only had bags to do so. So, I got a few sack bags, got soil from around my apartment and got to planting my potato slips.
A few weeks later I had these;
And after three months, I thought it was time to harvest but was I in for a shocker?
Ready for harvest?

Apparently, not. Because I was only able to get two tiny tubers😭😭.
So, no more growing potatoes in bags for me. I'll stick to planting them in the ground or large garden beds. 
Have you ever had a gardening fail?

Popular posts from this blog

Would the Port-Harcourt Naturals Please, Stand Up?

Na wa o! I have been on my natural hair journey for a few years. In 2010, I got geri curls. In 2011, after switching to normal relaxer, I decided I wanted my natural hair back. So, I started to transition. That led me to December 2012, where I cut off the relaxed part of my hair. I just tire for transitioning hair bo :). Although, natural hair comes with a few challenges, I love my hair. Now, I can't imagine it any other way than natural. Ignorant stylists ask me why. I tell them I love natural hair. They just can not understand it. Right now, I've got yarn braids on. However, after what I faced getting them done, it'll be a while before I visit the salon for anything again! Nigerian stylists are clueless with natural hair. Chai! When I take off my yarn braids, I'd have my kinky twists done, myself! Which brings me to my heading. Are there any Port-Harcourt naturals, other than me at all? It'll be nice to know. We could have a meet-up, talk about ways to help our

Elusive Happiness

source When you start to look to things or people for your happiness, happiness will remain elusive. Having said that, I think I've been unhappy lately. I'm tired of where I am. Geographically and lifecally ( haha, I just coined a word). It's not the first time I would have this feeling. The feeling that I would go crazy if I did not change environment ASAP. Even church activities no longer provide escape. I think I might have strayed a little bit. I need to reconnect to my Source. I know this because I am starting to turn to things and people for happiness. The consequent feeling is at best, fleeting. Haha, speaking of fleeting .....that gist is one for another day. Hint - it involves an Ex. This too shall pass. I have been through tougher times. Have I really? Does it not get tougher as I get older? But I know the storm shall pass and I shall remain standing . I picture myself standing on the sea shore, drenched to my skin, in my grecian gown with sea weed caught

DIY - Crochet Wig Using Expression Multi

I used Expression crochet braids for a client recently and thought I'd try it out as a crochet wig. I had damaged my Afro/curly wig when I decided to give it a haircut and so needed another one.  Expression Multi seemed like a good extension to use. I got a pack of the extension(blame my alaroroism :-)), plus I really thought it would do. I also got a mesh cap. Then work started in earnest. It turned out one was not enough and it was late Saturday evening. The store where they sold weaves close to my house would have been closed already. So, I decided to curl the straight extension I had left from making my braid wig. I do not have perm rods. How was I going to do this? Whatever method I was going to use had to give me curls consistent with the ones in the extension. Well, I curled the extension  by wrapping it round my used kinky extensions like I was doing faux locs. My first attempts gave my tighter curls than I wanted so I spaced my wrapping and this gave me almo
Update cookies preferences