My Miracle Baby - Conclusion

If you have read my previous posts about my miracle baby; part 1 and part 2, then you know the doctor said I would lose my baby. But that was just the beginning. Here's the concluding part.


So the next day after we were told we'd lose the pregnancy we went to the state-owned hospital. We met one of the doctors whose contacts were given to us by our pastor. The other one who happened to work in the radiology department was not around. Let me call her Doctor A.  Well, she sent us off to the scan room. When I got there, they asked me to drink a lot of water and wait. Everyone was made to do this. They warned you not to pee or you'd drink water and wait again. According to them, this was so the scan will "see something". So I waited. And waited. And waited. Till I almost peed on myself. Everytime I went to tell them I was really pressed they told me to keep waiting. I was practically in tears before they let me go in for the scan. My people, na so I see am. When, they also made us buy tissue paper that they would use to clean you from them. The place was full of tissue paper which they probably resold to other people.


I laid down and got ready for the doctor. Then he came and started to check. The trolley/bed/worefa was positioned in a way that patients couldn't see the scanner. I wonder why. Well, the doctor kept rubbing and rubbing my belly with the stuff. Then he asked me questions like; when was your last period? Have you seen any blood? Told him my last period and that I had not seen any blood. Then he started to press my belly really hard. Chai! Mind you I had still not peed. Dude just kept pressing and pressing. "let me press whether I will see something", he said. Then finally, he said he couldn't see anything. Ah!



I went back to Doctor A with the result. We told her they had done a scan and a blood test at the other hospital. Her colleagues laughed and said something like they did not trust the hospital. Doctor A, God bless her then sent me to do a blood serum test, in the same hospital. I did and the result showed positive. So why could the scanner not see anything? Doctor A sent me back to the Radiologist with my positive result and a note asking him to do another scan. You guys remember the process? Thankfully, I didn't have to wait soooo long this time. Well, the Doctor checked and still did not see anything. He then asked that I come back the next day so he and two other doctors could check together. That was after telling me, "for now you are not pregnant".


We did go back the next day. The head of Radiology, who happened to be the other Doctor (Doctor B) whose contact we had, was also around. There was also another doctor that seemed to be on housemanship, then the doctor from the previous day. The student doctor checked me first and said she could actually see a sign. The they all gathered round me as Doctor B checked.  She checked for a while then I heard, "is that not a mole? " Ah! What mole? Of course, it's Nigeria so you don't go and be asking plenty kweshun. The other Doctor actually asked me to keep quiet and let him work the previous day, when I was asking questions. So I kept mum and when they were done checking I asked my husband to talk with them while I rushed off to pee.


My husband filled me in when I got back. They had seen a fibroid. They was sign of a sac but they couldn't see the embryo. I was to come back in three weeks so they could check the viability of the pregnancy. At this time I was just a month gone. Well, I kukuma gave them one month before going back. I met only the student Doctor Who told me their machine "was not working for pregnant women". She went on to say that their machine was faulty, that she remembered my case and would recommend that I went elsewhere . She said while the scan machine could tell if I'm pregnant, it could not confirm the viability of the pregnancy.

We did go elsewhere. Our doctor recommended a place. A scan was done and the radiologist said my baby was doing fine. He made sure I saw it for myself. The scan confirmed what I knew all along. At this time, my baby was 9 weeks and 5 days old. We went back to our doctor with the result, after which we went home praising God. The pregnancy was pretty much uneventful and at 38 weeks 6 day I put to bed a beautiful baby girl. She had a head full of dark curls and looked a lot like her daddy. Except she took my complexion. At the time though, everyone thought she'd get dark. Instead she got lighter. she's 14 months old and other than salvation, the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't thank God enough for her and I give him all the glory.




1 comments:

  1. Your story is beautiful, and so is your child. May our Good Lord continue to do his work in her life and of your family. God bless you guys

    ReplyDelete

Privacy Policy |. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts