Friday 16 November 2012

Ring or No Ring?

Recently, some celebrities have taken to proposing in front of the camera. Well, the proposals seemed romantic. But really, is the way he proposes important? I hear that between some couples, there was no proposal. The parties just knew they were headed for the altar.
Some men propose with a ring, others do not. This brings another question to mind. Does it matter that he does not propose with a ring? Also, why do women wear engagement rings with their wedding bands when there was no engagement and sometimes no proposal? I just can not understand it? Why buy an engagement ring to wear for the first time on your wedding day?

Back to proposals, do you have like a dream proposal? The way you want to be proposed to. If you do, what is it? Is it like the picture above depicts? I used to want that, cos almost all the movies I saw had that scene. Then, it was the same in the romance novels too. However, as romantic as I am, I think I can do without the kneeling down. If the guy and I are already in a relationship and we already know where it's headed, I see no need for a dramatic proposal. Of course, you might see it as a sign of commitment. But lets face it, do you know how many broken engagements there are out there?

He could give you a ring and still change his mind. Hello? Or you could decide you are no longer compatible. Either way, it's a broken engagement. So, how can an intending couple ensure that they stay true to their commitment to each other? What is the assurance that an engaged couple would get married? *blank stare*

If you ask me, I'd say, let him keep the engagement ring, I prefer a wedding band. Because only when I wear it would there truly be an unbreakable commitment. Yeah, I said it. Unbreakable. Because, marriage for me is forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts