Friday 20 July 2012

Do people still have their first kiss on their wedding day?

Remember the saying  'You may now kiss your bride' ? I doubt that Pastors still bother with that when they are officiating in a wedding. Why bother if as in some cases, there is proof(pregnancy) before you, that the couple has kissed before? That's for churches where they wed a pregnant woman of-course. My point is people no longer stay true to the 'first kiss on the wedding day' practice. Even Christians. Why is this?
It's because sex before marriage is now the norm, and those who have chosen to abstain don't see anything wrong with kissing before marriage.
I'm going to share the opinion of some Christians on this.
Mr A says......... I've seen both sides taken within the Christian church. A wonderful church that I attended and was a member of in Manila believed very strongly that your first kiss should happen at the altar. Now, that wouldn't be me. I don't think I could do that. And I was pretty open with them that that wasn't me. And that wasn't the way I approached marriage. 

The Bible says, whatsoever is not of faith is sin. So, Emily, you need to get honest with yourself. And if you can do that (kissing) in faith and believe that it will not go farther, then by all means do. But if you in your own heart, have reservations about it and say I can't do that in faith, I'm going to start having impure thoughts, then my body is going to start kicking in and desire something more than just a kiss, then I think you need to say ok I'm going to build a wall here and I'm going to make it known that kissing is not acceptable for me. 

That was the basis of the church I went to in Manila saying look we don't want to encourage that kind of activity unless we know that there is going to be a lifelong bond. Part of kissing is also sharing, sharing of your innermost being. And you may not want to do that unless you are sure that this person is going to be with you for a lifetime.  



Miss B says.........Don’t let any man sleep with you before marriage, even after the engagement! Please! If you do things right, you will make it to the altar; then you can kiss and do all you want but NOT before. Kissing is fornication, Keep yourself pure and get his view on this.To be honest with you, human beings are one of the only animals that kiss or indulge in “foreplay” before sex. That is one of the things that distinguishes us from animals; that we do that to prepare for sex. Kissing is the warming up!! In the wise words of Pastor K, why put on the oven when you don’t want to cook? Keep it holy!! When you get married, there will be more than enough time for everything!! Some are even tired!!

My friend Iheanacho says christians who want to kiss should try kissing with hands behind their back.

 Kinda funny, hands-free kissing. How long do you think it'll be before you  stop being satisfied with kissing alone? Before your hands want to grope? Before you're tempted to take it further?

I say............ I decided I was no longer going to kiss any man except after marriage some years ago. Between Me and God, kissing is wrong for me. A lot of people think different though. But really, why play with fire if you do not want to be burned? Why start what you don’t want to finish. You don’t want to have sex, right? Why engage in foreplay then? 
That’s how I see it.

God's opinion should matter most. What does God think? You're a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit, find out from Him. Don't just do it because the next person is doing it.
 Have a great weekend. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts